I’m wide awake every morning between 4 & 5 am at the mo. But I’m weirdly enjoying it and getting on with stuff. I am also weirdly (for me!) craving a salad for breakfast! (a little salad obsessed at moment I realise!)
This morning I realised I had eaten all the tomatoes, so added half a ripe avocado chopped roughly instead. Forgot the egg.
1. So I wash some salad leaves (Romaine, cos or oakleaf) and soak them in a big bowl of cold water and place them in the fridge for an hour. (See also, Things P Has Learnt No.2.)
2. Now I’ve got a salad spinner, (with a very pleasing string pulling action!) that spins the salad leaves dry, but drain well then let drip dry on a couple of tea towels (turn once) if you don’t have one.
3. Boil an egg till still runny in the middle.
4. Next a dressing of 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, (my vinegar of choice this week!) 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper is whisked together in the bottom of a serving bowl.
5. Rip the lettuce into the bowl in big bite size pieces, rip pitted black olives in there too and then toss in some cherry tomatoes. (or chopped ripe tomatoes) c
6. Chop the cucumber into chunky cubes and crumble over some feta.
Toss all together loosely and serve asap with the boiled egg cut in half on top. You’ll get nice wet cheeks every now and then, as a piece of lettuce whips round when manoeuvering a forkful into your mouth. Feeling good.