My veg box had yellow peppers as well as some courgettes this week, so I knocked up this easy lunch for us. The peppers and courgettes roast down to soft, gorgeous sweetness with gooey bits of melting mozzarella and ready made saucey juices to mop up…..It’s a kind of variation on the courgette stir-fry I posted up last week. We ate it with homemade ginger beer alongside…..
Roasted Yellow Pepper, Courgette, Basil and Buffalo Mozzarella
Serves about 2
3 yellow peppers
6 whole cloves garlic
handful cherry tomatoes
few sprigs fresh basil
1 buffalo mozzarella, get buffalo if you can afford it as it has loads of flavour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven 200 C/Gas 6.
2. Cut the peppers in half and pull out it’s core and tap out the bitter seeds. Cut each half into 3 and then cut again into chunky squares.
3. Cut the courgettes into chunky rounds and tumble them into a roasting tin or dish with the pepper pieces and garlic cloves. Slosh over some olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
4. Place in oven and cook for about 30 minutes, turning the vegetables over occasionally, then add the cherry tomatoes and basil and carry on cooking for a further 15-30 minutes or until everything is very soft and gooey.
5. Drain and cut the mozzarella into small cubes and tosss through the vegetables and pop back in the oven for about a minute, then serve straight away……just on it’s own….with bread to mop up the juices….or as a side dish…….squish out the soft garlic from their shells and mix in……